2016 Leadership Development and Change Readiness Study of Healthcare Executives
For your free copy of the 2016 Leadership Development and Change Readiness Study of Healthcare Executives White Paper please provide your email address. We will also provide you with our free bi-monthly enewsletter, Rising Stars Leadership News You Can Use, if it is not helpful, you can opt out at any time.
Do you want someone who understands the challenges your organization and hospital leaders face?
Rising Stars can help you achieve your goals!
How do we do this?
Because we’ve worked with many acute care, post-acute, community health, behavioral health and hospital systems, we have the understanding and experience to create the program that’s right for your team. Rising Stars’ leadership development programs and personalized one-to-one executive coaching sessions provide leaders with the tools needed for increased efficiency, operations, communication and employee engagement.
The Challenges and Rewards of Healthcare Leadership – We Know the Game
As you and your team are working feverishly to stay ahead of the many changes in the industry, Rising Stars can partner with you to accelerate the competencies of your leaders and physicians to achieve your key organizational priorities. Joanne Schlosser has served on several hospital administration teams and understands the challenges and rewards of strong and strategic leadership. We have provided leadership development for hundreds of executives, managers, directors and physicians including:
- Leadership Accelerator Program
- Creation and roll out of a New Leader Experience training program that has served thousands of newly hired and promoted leaders
- Leading Change
- Creating Change Champions
- Emerging Healthcare Leaders
- Leveraging Your Strengths to Improve Your Communication
- Leveraging Your Strengths to Improve Your Business
- Leadership that Inspires
- Collaborating for Outstanding Outcomes
- Coaching for Great Results
- Engaging Your Employees
- New Leader Assimilation
- Delivering Superstar Service – the Patient Experience
- And more!
The Leadership Development Experience Your Organization Needs
Rising Stars has served as the change agent and/or coach for many transformational projects such as:
- Opening of a state-of-the-art hospital
- Closing a hospital
- Successful implementation of the EMR, electronic medical record for clinicians
- Successful implementation of CPOE, computerized provider order entry
- Successful implementation of Meaningful Use
- Successful implementation of remote electronic monitoring of Medical/Surgical Patients
Leveraging Your Strengths to Improve Communication
Participants will complete the TTI DISC and Driving Forces assessment, prior to the workshop, it measures DISC behaviors (how people act), and Driving Forces (why they behave as they do) participants receive a customized report. They discover what strengths they possess and gain insights into how to interact with employees, patients, leaders and others more effectively.
- How to better understand yourself and other’s interaction style
- How to assess the other person’s preferred interaction style
- How and when to adapt your style when dealing with others for increased success
Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
Participants will complete the TTI EQ Emotional Intelligence assessment prior to the workshop. They receive a customized report identifying the five key aspects of emotional intelligence. Daniel Goleman states that 90% of the difference between a good leader and great one is their EQ. Outcomes for this session include:
- Understanding of what Emotional Intelligence is
- The importance of EQ in strengthening working relationships with employees, patients, peers and others
- How to better understand and improve your emotional intelligence
- How to increase your awareness of other’s feelings and thoughts
- Emotional Intelligence simulation exercise that engages all participants
Fulfilling Your Role as a Leader
- Get work done through others by Leading and Influencing People, Managing Business Processes and Achieving Customer Results. They are the key to your success
- Distinguish your role in leading and influencing people and identify the differences between leadership and being a specialist
- Identify specific leadership challenges relevant to you
- Distinguish the leadership responsibilities regarding communication, leadership, and integration using a simulation
- Describe what employees want to know about their jobs and responsibilities
Developing Situational Leadership Skills
- Properly assess an employee’s readiness to do a task
- Understand how and when to use the appropriate leadership style to match the employee’s readiness (delegate, support, coach and direct)
- This session could be customized differently for frontline leaders vs. the midlevel and senior leaders, working with you to gather appropriate information and examples
Building Your Accountability
- Develop a sample agreement for a work task in your environment using the components of a clear agreement
- Given a scenario, demonstrate taking responsibility, empowering yourself and accepting accountability
- Practice skill building. Assign a task to an employee using proper Situational Leader assessment and managing expectations about accountability.
- This could incorporate your organization’s Employee Engagement Survey results (if applicable and desired)
Developing Your Talent
- Use developing talent as a retention strategy for employees
- Recognize the difference between a development opportunity and a performance problem
- Understand how to expand your employee’s capabilities so they can tackle new opportunities
- How to prepare for and hold productive developmental discussion
- Can also include developmental opportunities for high potential employees
- Using the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument to become more aware of your conflict style
- Recognize the conflict styles of others
- Assess conflict situations
- Practice using different conflict modes
Achieve your fullest potential with the most effective leadership development and executive coaching programs delivered by the industry experts at Rising Stars, LLC.
Contact us: Joanne@RisingStarsLLC.com or call 480-840-6024.
“Joanne organizes and prepares practical, quality material based on industry trends and best practices. In addition to be an excellent communicator, she is naturally able to engage audiences through thought provoking questions… She served as a coach to many leaders and physicians, helping to grow their leadership skills and improve the effectiveness of their teams.”
– Process Engineer Director
“We received a lot of useful tips, great course. This Crucial Conversations in Healthcare session will improve discussions at our facility.”
-Art Aguilera, Director, Materials Management, Abrazo Central Campus
“The Your Role as a Leader workshop provided much insight, excitement and growth in such a short time.”
-Rodrigo Olivares, Chief Operating Officer, Crisis Response Network
“This seminar (Your Role as a Leader) was very useful for our managers as they haven’t had this type of education before.”
-Regina Martinez, Human Resources Director
Great Results For Our Clients: Leadership Accelerator Program
Thanks to our custom 10-month leadership accelerator program for a group of high potential mid-level to senior leaders, 50% of 2014’s class was promoted or received additional responsibilities and the 2015 class already has a 25% promotion rate. Let’s talk about preparing for leaders for healthcare’s changing landscape.
Great Results For Our Clients: Behavioral Health Strategic Planning Retreat
Collaborating with a behavioral health organization’s CEO and COO, and full leadership team, we created a new mission statement, vision, values and behaviors which the board of directors immediately approved at the end of the retreat.