Joanne Schlosser, FACHE, SPHR, PCC, MBA,President of Rising Stars, LLC
Joanne is President of Rising Stars LLC, a management consultant, a professional certified coach, speaker and facilitator who works with high performing healthcare leaders and physicians that want to grow their career and their organization. Joanne has over 12 years of healthcare experience. She taught Executive Success Skills in an MBA program, is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and serves on the Arizona Healthcare Executives Board. Joanne was Director, Talent and Organizational Effectiveness, for Banner Health for over seven years. Her responsibilities included leadership development, change management, coaching, organizational development, and serving on the Administrative Team for three hospitals.
Joanne has extensive knowledge and understanding of the inner workings of healthcare organizations and served as the change agent responsible for the opening of a new hospital, providing executive and leadership coaching for high potential leaders and physicians. She played an integral role in creating and piloting the New Leader Experience, and helped roll out Performance Management and Talent Management programs. Joanne designs and delivers results, generating impactful training on many leadership topics. Joanne created a unique change agent certification program that developed more than 200 confident, capable leaders who drive the necessary changes in today’s health care environment.
Prior to joining healthcare, Joanne’s B.S. in Production Operations Management and her M.B.A. were utilized in operations roles in Supply Chain Management as well as running programs that assisted Small, Minority and Woman Owned businesses in winning government and contractor contracts. Her efforts enabled Arizona businesses to win more than $113 million in contracts in a three year period.
Joanne co-authored a book chapter titled, “Developing a Change-Ready Organization: Building Internal Capacity for Change,” which was published in Organizational Development in Health Care: High Impact Practices for a Complex and Changing Environment in 2011.
Joanne has delivered thousands of high content, high energy presentations, workshops and retreats nationally on a variety of leadership topics. Joanne has served over 200 clients including Abrazo Healthcare, Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association, American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, American Case Management Association, Banner Health, Crisis Response Network, IPC Healthcare, LaPaz Regional Hospital, Medavie Blue Cross, PolyPeptide Laboratories and University of Arizona Health Plans.
- Master’s in Business Administration, Arizona State University
- Bachelors of Science in Production Operations Management, Arizona State University
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) from the International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Behaviors Analyst, TTI Success Insights
- Certified Professional Motivators Analyst, TTI Success Insights
- Emotional Intelligence, Six Seconds
- Certified in Team Advantage Team Coaching
- Serves on the Post-Acute Transitional Healthcare (PATH) Advisory Board
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), HR Certification Institute – HRCI – December 2008 – January 2018
- Provided coaching and coach strategy that won the prestigious 2012 Prism Award from the International Coach Federation
- Selected as an “Ordinary Woman Doing Extraordinary Things” for the Women Making History Today project as Arizona State University
- Received the “Walking the Talk” Award from the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) AZ Chapter for efforts in leadership and team building and the Award of Merit
Dennece has more than 25 years of progressively responsible experience in general management directing as many as 300+ employees for business units with revenues in excess of $100 million in multi-billion dollar corporations. Dennece has led organizations through start-up, survival, turnaround and growth modes. As a professional certified coach (PCC), she brings a curious perspective to business by asking deep motivating questions. Guiding strategic conversations, allowing leaders to bring creative solutions today’s business needs.
Her leadership experience spans multiple industries including healthcare, aerospace, automotive, building products, defense and nonprofits. Dennece’s experience, both as a consultant and senior executive, ranges from program management to general management. Her prior proven leadership capabilities with global responsibilities in strategic planning, talent management, operations management, and finance offer exemplary qualifications for her coaching and consulting work. She uses the latest management tools to affect positive cultural changes. With her executive coaching process and team coaching expertise she witnesses transformation of groups into highly effective teams, ensuring sustainable business success.
Dennece has facilitated strategic planning projects including the use of scenario planning with a diverse client base from the defense industry to healthcare. Her coaching clients include C-Suite executives and professionals looking for leadership development and career transitions.
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) from the International Coach Federation
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Arizona
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA) degree from Arizona State University
- ATC trained coached by Adler International School of Coaching
- Healthcare Coaching Institute faculty
- Certified administrator of the EQ-I 2.0 Emotional Intelligence assessment
- Certified in Team Advantage Team Coaching
- Member and Former Leadership member of International Coach Federation (ICF) and Phoenix Chapter
Judi is a management consultant and coach with over 30 years of business experience and seven years of experience working with healthcare leaders. Judi served on the Enterprise Leadership Development team for Aetna for over two years (and for an additional five years with Schaller Anderson, a healthcare administration company purchased by Aetna), designing, developing, and delivering leadership development strategies and programs targeted to achievement of organizational goals. She produced programs covering a broad range of topics including Driving and Executing Strategy, Transforming the Service Experience, Performance Management, Scorecard Implementation, and many topics relating to the core skills of an effective manager and leader.
For AlliedSignal, a Fortune 50 corporation, Judi designed a General Management Leadership Development model, assessment tool and strategies to serve seven business units which gained acceptance of leadership to the CEO level. She was responsible for managing and organizing a Management Review for assessment and succession planning of the 150 top leaders. Her performance management programs have been used world-wide for 80,000 employees. As the Director of Career Development, she designed, opened and managed a corporate Learning and Career Center for 10,000 employees and launched the paradigm of self-directed career planning for 45,000 employees.
- Master of Education in Instructional Design, Arizona State University
- Advanced development programs including: Tools for Developing the Successful Executive from the Center for Creative Leadership
- Leadership Certificate from the Thunderbird School of International Management
- Certificate in Strategic Human Resource Planning, University of Michigan Executive Education Business School
As a consultant, her corporate clients have included Mayo Clinic, AlliedSignal, American Compensation Association, Amkor Technologies, Avnet, Decision One, Lockheed Martin, Tosco, and many others.
Joellyn has extensive experience providing organizational effectiveness and leadership support solutions, creating and maintaining effective work teams, and developing employees and leaders resulting in overall improved company performance.
Joellyn has consulted and trained organizations in total quality concepts and process improvement using a variety of methodologies including six sigma. As an expert in instructional design and computer-based learning, she initiated online, self-paced training in a variety of environments and faced the challenges of selecting a learning management system in a state environment for 45,000 users and in a small insurance company for 530 users.
The range of Joellyn’s internal work experience includes providing training and facilitation services in healthcare, education, manufacturing, financial services, retail, government, and insurance. Her consulting ranges from aerospace industry, retail, U. S. government and nonprofit organizations.
- Ph.D. in Educational Technology, Arizona State University
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification
- Certified in Inside/Out Coaching
Lori is a healthcare executive with over 37 years of broad leadership experience in a multisite health system, community hospitals, and large private and national medical groups, serving in the roles of Chief Financial Office and Chief Operating Officer. Lori is recognized for knowledge of multi-layered healthcare environments and delivering results in challenging matrix-managed delivery centers. Lori’s credentials include a verifiable record for bringing both operational and financial stability to organizations, and maintaining growth through improved internal process management and consolidation of administrative practices.
Lori’s business acumen and leadership successes in the following areas: Healthcare Strategic Planning, Infrastructure development, Compliance Monitoring, Mergers & Acquisitions, Community Needs Analysis, Full-cycle P&L Management, Standalone & Multi-facility Healthcare Supply Chain, and Patient Satisfaction.
As a CFO for a 700 bed hospital campus for a multisite health system, Lori managed a budget of $1.8B in revenue, and $518M in total expense. She was an early adopter of a national benchmarking process that led to a focus in productivity reducing expenses by several million dollars. Lori also provided executive financial leadership in the development of a new Children’s hospital in the Phoenix metropolitan area, as well as the start-up of a new hospital campus in Pinal County.
Lori was also Divisional CFO for a large national medical group that comprises the nation’s leading providers of neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and pediatric subspecialty services. She managed a budget of $1.3B in net revenue and $405M in Operating Income from 150+ practices across 20 states.
- Master’s in Business Administration and Master’s in Health Administration, Ohio State University
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting, Ohio State University
- Certified Health Care Compliance Professional
Lori’s awards include:
- 2013 Arizona Business Magazine – 50 Most influential Women in Arizona Business
- 2014 Phoenix Business Journal – 25 Dynamic Women in Business