Joanne Schlosser, FACHE, SPHR, PCC, MBA,President of Rising Stars, LLC
Joanne is President of Rising Stars LLC, a professional certified coach, speaker, facilitator and management consultant who works with high performing healthcare leaders and physicians that want to grow their career and their organization. Joanne has over 15 years of healthcare experience. Joanne develops leaders for healthcare’s changing landscape. She served four years on the Arizona Healthcare Executives Board. Joanne was Director, Talent and Organizational Effectiveness, for a large healthcare organization for over seven years. Her responsibilities included coaching, leadership development, change management, organizational development, and serving on the Administrative Team for three hospitals.
Joanne has extensive knowledge and understanding of the inner workings of healthcare organizations. She served as the change agent responsible for the opening of a new hospital while closing the existing hospital the same day and moving and training 1,000 clinical and nonclinical staff. She provides executive and leadership coaching for high potential leaders and physicians. She played an integral role in creating and piloting the New Leader Experience, and helped roll out Performance Management and Talent Management programs. Joanne designs and delivers results, generating impactful training on many leadership topics. Joanne created a unique change agent certification program that developed more than 200 confident, capable leaders who drive the necessary changes in today’s health care environment.
Prior to joining healthcare, Joanne’s B.S. in Production Operations Management and her M.B.A. were utilized in operations roles in Supply Chain Management as well as running programs that assisted Small, Minority and Woman Owned businesses in winning government and contractor contracts. Her efforts enabled Arizona businesses to win more than $113 million in contracts in a three year period.
Joanne co-authored The Big Book of Team Coaching Games, published by McGraw Hill in 2014, and a book chapter titled, “Developing a Change-Ready Organization: Building Internal Capacity for Change,” which was published in Organizational Development in Health Care: High Impact Practices for a Complex and Changing Environment in 2011.
Joanne has delivered thousands of high content, high energy presentations, workshops and retreats nationally on a variety of leadership topics. Joanne has served over 200 clients including Abrazo Healthcare, Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association, American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living, American Case Management Association, Banner Health, Crisis Response Network, IPC Healthcare, Medavie Blue Cross, Mednax, PolyPeptide Laboratories, UC Davis School of Medicine and UnitedHealthcare Group, as well as countless other providers and payers.
- Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE)
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) from the International Coach Federation
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), HR Certification Institute
- Certified Professional Behaviors Analyst, TTI Success Insights
- Certified Professional Motivators Analyst, TTI Success Insights
- Certified, Emotional Intelligence, Six Seconds
- Certified in Team Advantage Team Coaching
- Taught Executive Success Skills in an MBA program
- Served on the Post-Acute Transitional Healthcare (PATH) Advisory Board
- Master’s in Business Administration, Arizona State University
- Bachelors of Science in Production Operations Management, Arizona State University
Joanne’s awards include:
- Provided coaching and coach strategy that won the prestigious 2012 Prism Award from the International Coach Federation
- Selected as an “Ordinary Woman Doing Extraordinary Things” for the Women Making History Today project as Arizona State University
- Received the “Walking the Talk” Award from the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD) AZ Chapter for efforts in leadership and team building and the Award of Merit
Additionally, Joanne volunteers with ICouldBe.org and the Sierra Club Arizona Energy Committee.
Judi is a management consultant and coach with over 30 years of business experience and seven years of experience working with healthcare leaders. Judi served on the Enterprise Leadership Development team for Aetna for over two years (and for an additional five years with Schaller Anderson, a healthcare administration company purchased by Aetna), designing, developing, and delivering leadership development strategies and programs targeted to achievement of organizational goals. She produced programs covering a broad range of topics including Driving and Executing Strategy, Transforming the Service Experience, Performance Management, Scorecard Implementation, and many topics relating to the core skills of an effective manager and leader.
For AlliedSignal, a Fortune 50 corporation, Judi designed a General Management Leadership Development model, assessment tool and strategies to serve seven business units which gained acceptance of leadership to the CEO level. She was responsible for managing and organizing a Management Review for assessment and succession planning of the 150 top leaders. Her performance management programs have been used world-wide for 80,000 employees. As the Director of Career Development, she designed, opened and managed a corporate Learning and Career Center for 10,000 employees and launched the paradigm of self-directed career planning for 45,000 employees.
- Master of Education in Instructional Design, Arizona State University
- Advanced development programs including: Tools for Developing the Successful Executive from the Center for Creative Leadership
- Leadership Certificate from the Thunderbird School of International Management
- Certificate in Strategic Human Resource Planning, University of Michigan Executive Education Business School
As a consultant, her corporate clients have included Mayo Clinic, AlliedSignal, American Compensation Association, Amkor Technologies, Avnet, Decision One, Lockheed Martin, Tosco, and many others.
Joellyn has extensive experience providing organizational effectiveness and leadership support solutions, creating and maintaining effective work teams, and developing employees and leaders resulting in overall improved company performance.
Joellyn has consulted and trained organizations in total quality concepts and process improvement using a variety of methodologies including six sigma. As an expert in instructional design and computer-based learning, she initiated online, self-paced training in a variety of environments and faced the challenges of selecting a learning management system in a state environment for 45,000 users and in a small insurance company for 530 users.
The range of Joellyn’s internal work experience includes providing training and facilitation services in healthcare, education, manufacturing, financial services, retail, government, and insurance. Her consulting ranges from aerospace industry, retail, U. S. government and nonprofit organizations.
- Ph.D. in Educational Technology, Arizona State University
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification
- Certified in Inside/Out Coaching
Lori is a healthcare executive with over 37 years of broad leadership experience in a multisite health system, community hospitals, and large private and national medical groups, serving in the roles of Chief Financial Office and Chief Operating Officer. Lori is recognized for knowledge of multi-layered healthcare environments and delivering results in challenging matrix-managed delivery centers. Lori’s credentials include a verifiable record for bringing both operational and financial stability to organizations, and maintaining growth through improved internal process management and consolidation of administrative practices.
Lori’s business acumen and leadership successes in the following areas: Healthcare Strategic Planning, Infrastructure development, Compliance Monitoring, Mergers & Acquisitions, Community Needs Analysis, Full-cycle P&L Management, Standalone & Multi-facility Healthcare Supply Chain, and Patient Satisfaction.
As a CFO for a 700 bed hospital campus for a multisite health system, Lori managed a budget of $1.8B in revenue, and $518M in total expense. She was an early adopter of a national benchmarking process that led to a focus in productivity reducing expenses by several million dollars. Lori also provided executive financial leadership in the development of a new Children’s hospital in the Phoenix metropolitan area, as well as the start-up of a new hospital campus in Pinal County.
Lori was also Divisional CFO for a large national medical group that comprises the nation’s leading providers of neonatal, anesthesia, maternal-fetal and pediatric subspecialty services. She managed a budget of $1.3B in net revenue and $405M in Operating Income from 150+ practices across 20 states.
- Master’s in Business Administration and Master’s in Health Administration, Ohio State University
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting, Ohio State University
- Certified Health Care Compliance Professional
Lori’s awards include:
- 2013 Arizona Business Magazine – 50 Most influential Women in Arizona Business
- 2014 Phoenix Business Journal – 25 Dynamic Women in Business